There is so much theatre to see in London it can be difficult to narrow down the choice but there are some immediate turn-offs, for me, and these are 11 of them:
- The poster has only men on it
- The poster has men and women but the men are gurning in supposedly comic style and the women are looking exacerbated
- Words 'urgent' and 'vital' are banded around.
- Poetry is mentioned.
- The running time is 3 hours plus.
- It has two intervals.
- Described as a family show.
- It's a musical (obviously) or sounds like it might be a musically.
- 'A new play by Tom Stoppard'.
- Start time is 8pm or later.
- Tony Kushner is involved (because it inevitably leads to no. 5)
What are your theatre turn-offs?