* Another production of A Midsummer Night's Dream announced? Yep writer/performer Robert Crighton rolled his eyes too and he's written a piece called Undead Bard about our obsession with Shakespeare and how he just wants to rest in peace. It runs at Theatre N16 in Balham Oct 2 to Oct 13.
* It's back! The White Bear Theatre and pub in Kennington has nearly finished its refurbishment and re-opens on Oct 18. There is still some work to be done and a bit of extra cash to raise for the finishing touches check out the fundraising page if you'd like to help.
* Looking for theatre with a spooky theme for Halloween? Theatre N16 in Balham has Lunatic which is a new take on Bram Stoker's Dracula story from the perspective of Dr Seward and his patient Renfield which has shows at different times on Oct 30 and 31.
* Alternatively, you could try Witch at the Union Chapel in Islington on Sunday 30 October.
* The Old Red Lion has an adaptation of HG Well's Time Machine opening on Oct 4 for a week performed by Robert Lloyd Parry.
* In Kennington the Ovalhouse's Autumn/Winter season kicks of with Kissing The Shotgun Goodnight. "In a gleeful howl from the armpits of hell, Christopher Brett Bailey delivers a characteristic linguistic kaleidoscope of caustic cartoons, crackpot prophecies and demented erotica."
* Czech Theatre company Dejvicke makes its London debut at the Greenwood Theatre from 5-7 November, performances are in Czech with English surtitles and details can be found here.