In no particular order:
1. The Ruling Class, Trafalgar Studios - brilliantly bonkers and I'll never forget James McAvoy riding a unicycle around the stage wearing just a pair of white y-fronts.
2. peddling, Arcola - Harry Melling's debut as a playwright channelled Beckett and Ridley and boy did he work the small cube performance space. (I've compiled a full list of my favourite fringe plays.)
3. Measure For Measure, Barbican - A Cheek By Jowl production with Russian actors performing in Russian that took me prisoner and I've still not got over it.
4. The Motherf**ker With The Hat, National Theatre - And so begins an obsession with Stephen Adly Guirgis' plays.
5. Waiting For Godot, Barbican - This Sydney Theatre production starring Hugo Weaving poked fun at the audience, it was bleak, tragic, warm and very entertaining.
6. Oreisteia, Almeida - Epic Greek tragedy turned into a gripping family drama.
7. The Jew of Malta, Swan Theatre - Wasn't sure what I was expecting but it wasn't this fantastically gruesome and funny play.
9. Bakkhai, Almeida Theatre - Ben Whishaw as a Greek god, seductive and dangerous and Bertie Carvel in a dress and wig. What can I say?
10. Bears in Space, Soho Theatre - Witty and deliciously silly (and it's back at the Soho Theatre but finishes tomorrow).
11. Mr Foote's Other Leg, Hampstead Theatre - Simon Russell Beale puts on a big dress and gets sweary. It has transferred to the Theatre Royal Haymarket where you can see it until Jan 23 and it's very funny.
12. A Song From Far Away, Young Vic - It left me breathless and unable to form a coherent sentence for quite a while afterwards.
14. Macbeth, Young Vic - A rich, pregnant and stark contemporary production that mixed movement and dialogue to great effect.
15. Dazzled, Found 111 - Andrew Scott is an eccentric genius and is out-Scotted by David Dawson. It was the last play I saw in 2015 and might be the first play I see in 2016.
My other 2015 theatre lists:
Coming soon: The StOliviers (I know you can't wait) and Theatre Hottie of the Year (after I've done December, though).
Applause image by Neekoh.fi on Flickr